Monday, January 4, 2010

UB: SNG Challenge

As I noted a few weeks ago I am starting 2010 with a personal goal/challenge to turn $100 on UB into $500 by the end of January. I started off strong in my early days of UB but then between 12/22 and 12/28 (only played 30 SNGs) I dropped down from $293 to as low as $234. I attribute this to variance but it still did not come easy. I took a slight break and ran reports on my play to see what I was doing wrong and managed to find a few leaks. Also I think I got a bit cocky on UB thinking I could not lose.

I started things back up on Jan 1 with $253 and have had four short sessions totaling 18 SNGs over 2 days with positive returns each session to manage to finish Sunday with $315. With the holidays and being sick I did not get in as much poker as I would have liked over New Years weekend but... oh well. I will probably not get too much play in this week either since I will be on location for a photo shoot in Chicago for three days and then the RPL Main Event on Sat. That will just make reaching the goal more of a challenge.

Days Remaining:....................... 28
Bankroll:................................ $315
Need:.................................... $185

No comments: