Thursday, January 28, 2010

UB: SNG Challeng Gets Wacked. Okay, Maybe Just Muffled.

So it has been some time since I gave any updates on my UB Challenge. Well that is because there really hasn't been any action to speak of. On 1/17 I did play a six game session that did not go well and cost me about $10 which is okay considering $33 was at stack. My session of six tables was at the same time where as I usually only four table. When this session ended I decided it was best to quit for the day.

I resumed play the following day but this time on PStars. Bad results that we will not speak of.

I had renewed my Deuces Cracked subscription a couple of days before so I decided it best that I take a break and watch videos. Also I had started reading The Godfather of Poker which I highly recommend. It is a great and easy read. Doyle Brunson has some outrageous stories that are so wild and crazy, you could not make this stuff up.

I took a stab at Full Tilt's latest craze. Rush Poker. It is fun, fast and can be very tilting but also satisfying. Still though I feel as though my game is in a rut. Until 1/21 I am feeling good and confident in my game. This night is the January event of the RPL. I take it down with confidence. My game is back.

Thanks to Pokerstars and this blog I was able to be in their World Bloggers Championship of Online Poker which is a tournament for bloggers and runs multiple tournaments over multiple days. Since I was already on Stars, I decided to play some MTSNGs. While I managed to mincash (a ticket to a SCOOP event), I also managed to cash in two of four other tourneys for an ROI of 134%. The following day, while I did not cash in the WBCOOP#2, I did manage another two out of three cashes for an ROI of 166%.

Today after I played in the WBCOOP#3 and four other MTSNGs I thought I would go back to UB and pick up where I left off 12 days ago. I felt good about my MTSNGs so I thought what better place to start. How wrong could I have been... Nobody was playing. While I have been typing this post I have not seen a single 18, 27, 45 or 90 man even get players (other than 1 90 man that went from 8 to 10 registered players). So then I went back to the 9 man tables and they are slow to fill up. At this rate I don't know what to do. I may try to see if any fill up in the 9 man and go from there. Maybe 730pm is just too early for action on UB.

Forecast of reaching the $500 bankroll by Feb. 1. not so good. But I do feel that my break was needed and had I not taken the break it could have been more costly to my bankroll and goals. We will press forward and continue the goal into Feb.

February has a lot of poker action to come. RPL on Feb. 11th which will be interesting with a $20 buyin and a $20 single rebuy and $20 add on. Plus we have a crew going to Indiana's Horseshoe for some tournament action. We're hoping for a good month. 


Days Remaining:....................... 4
Bankroll:................................ $302
Need:.................................... $198

No comments: