Friday, January 16, 2009

Sean may be getting his online groove back...

After a few weeks of final table bubbles and disappointing results, I made 5 final tables this week and had winnings of ~$2,600 things may be looking up. In December, I had chip leads very deep in the FTP $65k and lost 3 hands where I was ahead pre-flop with 12 people left (1st place: $26k), FTP 50-50 same scenario (1st place: $10k) and FTP $32k (1st place: $7.5k). It was brutal and really will make you comtemplate your abilities and play.

Variance is very tough to handle while playing online MTT's at the volume I play per month (~200 MTT's/month) which low compared to the online pros. I am learning to deal with it and just trying to get my game better. I started using Poker Tracker 3 software and I am a member of www.PokerPwnage.com which is owned by an aquaintenace of mine. I also discuss strategies with some great online players on a regular basis.

I hope 2009 will bring many final tables and wins for myself and all RPL members.

No comments: