Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Neteller No More

I checked my email this evening only to find an email from Bodog letting me know that they no long take Neteller. While I do not play at Bodog any longer, I was still curious as to why not. Last I had heard it may be as late as the end of the summer before Neteller would suspend U.S. usage because of the UIGEA. I logged on to both Absolute Poker and Pokerstars. While Pokerstars did not have anything on there site (they actually still had it as an option), Absolute had a small note in the deposit section that read:


Neteller is no longer offering its services to US customers.


I then went to Poker News to find the following article:
Neteller Founders Charged with Money Laundering Conspiracy

After reading the article, it is as I suspected. The US government is using some crazy laundering law to hold these guys because they transfered monies from US to offshore to gambling sites. By the way, these guys have not even worked with/for Neteller for a couple of years.

The funny thing about all of this is I had about $25 still sitting in Neteller from about 4 months ago, until Sat 01/13 when I moved it to Absolute. I guess I will now have to find another way to deposit money into my poker sites.

1 comment:

trinity said...

Email I received this morning:

Thanks for playing at Absolute Poker. As you prepare to hit the tables, we'd like to quickly inform you that you NETeller has discontinued offering its services to customers within the United States. As of today, you are no longer able to fund your Absolute Poker account using NETeller.

Fortunately, at Absolute Poker, we take pride in being able to offer you a variety of excellent payment solutions that are both safe and easy to use.

Right now, when you make a deposit using any one of our other deposit methods, youíll earn a 100% Redeposit Bonus up to $500 on your first deposit. Youíll also score an entry into an exclusive $50,000 Freeroll satellite ñ an offer exclusive to players like you.

Make a deposit now to qualify for the limited time Redeposit Bonus PLUS the entry to the freeroll satellite. Use Bonus Code RDB1.

Countless Absolute Poker players trust each one of our payment solutions on a daily basis. These include Visa, MasterCard, InstaDebit, ePassporte, ATMonline, Click2Pay, Central Coin, UK Debit Cards and Moneybookers. Click here for a complete list of available deposit options and details on how they work deposit methods. No matter which ones you choose, we are confident you will find them just as secure and easy to use.

Good luck at the tables,
The Absolute Poker Team