Sunday, November 9, 2008

November Nine Blackout

Today is the beginning of the final table of the WSOP and the November Nine. To avoid knowing anything about who wins or who is ahead, I am having to maintain a poker blackout from all poker news sites, blogs and poker sites. Since the purpose of delaying the final table was to build hype and allow us to see the final table "as it happens" somewhat delayed, I might as well get that benefit without it being spoiled. Is anyone else planning a blackout?

I also think that there was not enough hype built up about the November Nine. Does a one hour episode about nine players really do the justice deserved. You would think ESPN would show much more.

[UPDATE] I made it all the way to Tuesday afternoon before my blackout was for naught. While talking with a female co-worker, she said, "Oh yeah, I saw on Yahoo that xxxxxxxxx won $9 million dollars." My hands went to my head with a loud NOOoooooooo. And I let her know that she ruined my day... and now I know way too much information. I will try to watch the final table and pretend I don't know what I know. (luckily she did not give me a name but enough information that if I looked up the players again I would know the answer within a few seconds)

No comments: