Saturday, February 10, 2007

Event #2 Results

We had 12 players show up for Event #2 which was a rebuy event. Rebuys and add-ons were rampant and swelled the prize pool to our largest yet. It took a couple of hours to get to the final 10 players and the final table. The final table was very interesting and entertaining because there was alot of chips in play and alot of money/points on the line. Top 3 got paid.

It took til well after 12am to get the final 5 players. Jeff and Sean got mixed up in a hand when Jeff raised with A9 suited and Sean re-raised all-in w/ 55. Sean got another 5 on the flop and Jeff finished in 5th place.

Next, Trinity and newcomer Daniel met up on the felt....all-in pre-flop. Trinity shows 10 9 and Daniel shows QJ (I think). Trinity ends up hitting a J on the river to give him a J high straight to make Daniel the "bubble boy".

About 12:35am and we're down to the final 3, Anthony, Sean and Trinity. It doesn't take long to get for Trinity and Sean to get all there chips in middle post flop. The flop showed A46 and Sean check raised only to see Trinity's A4 and Sean's A2 was pretty much dead. Sean finished 3rd to win $110.

Anthony and Trinity decide to do an equal chop and both took home $230. However, the RPL rules state that places will be decided by chip count and Anthony had just over $10k more than Trinity. Anthony won the bracelet and 1st place points. Congrats guys on the nice pocket change!

11 comments:

trinity said...

I really wanted that bracelet too. I think with as many people as I knocked out I should be called the "Hitman". I would like thank all those that made my chip stack possible. Especially Daniel who I sucked out a Jack on the river to make my open ended straight while he made his two pair. Good game all!

Unknown said...

You hit a 3-out gutshut straight on the river (not open ended) which I am sure Daniel thought was as lame as someone who comes up with their own nickname. 2nd place is really just the first loser ...

Sean Reed said...

Damn!

trinity said...

Hard to talk smack on a split, I guess next time I won't be so nice and split. I will just have to take the whole thing and forget the fact that it is 1AM.

I stand corrected on the gutshot. BUT I would have made the same call preflop under the same situation based on the player I was up against. He was likely to bet with any two cards at that point in the game.

Daniel owed me a suck out anyway cause he got one or two off of me earlier in the evening...

Unknown said...

I was completely kidding by the way. Obviously hard to brag too much about a split pot with the difference in chip stacks being who paid the big blind last (but I have at least 20 more days to do it).

Sean Reed said...

Nothing wrong with some fun banter to get the blood flowing...

trinity said...

knew you were kidding.... just had to have a little banter going for my fans...but I really did want the bracelet LOL...

Just so ya know, my plan is to pass you next month in points...

Anonymous said...

A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile...j/k...I would have called 9 10 offsuit too after the flop with nothing.

Sean Reed said...

It's my turn to win a bracelet...plus I need to win the March event,so I'll have money to play poker when I get to the Bahamas 3 days later.(obv brag post)

aaronf said...

I've never been called so quick in my life...it was absolutely shocking.

It wasn't so much of a well played hand by my opponent (name?) as it was a terribly played hand by me. All in on a bluff is stupidity. I deserved to lose...

Unknown said...

Aaron,you were obviosly schooled
POTY is locked up, so start playing for second